- A person who is fanatically devoted to a cause or religion.
- A person who is willing to act violently or take extreme measures to defend or promote their cause or beliefs.
From latin zelotes, from greek zēlōtēs, from zēlos "zeal".
- He was a zealot for the revolution and would stop at nothing to see it succeed.
- She was a religious zealot and would not tolerate anyone who did not share her beliefs.
- The group was made up of political zealots who were willing to use violence to achieve their goals.
- He was a zealot for the new technology and would not listen to any criticisms of it.
- The organization is run by a group of environmental zealots who will not compromise on their beliefs.