Occurring or operating outside of regular business hours.
Late 19th century: from the phrase after hours, denoting the time after the usual working day.
- After-hours stock trading occurs after the stock market closes for the day.
- The after-hours party was an exclusive event for VIP guests.
- After-hours emergency services are available for urgent medical needs.
- The after-hours store had limited inventory and fewer staff members.
- The after-hours bar was a popular spot for nightlife and live music.
Some random words: dooryard, semitransparent, cardboard