- A heat-resistant, strong synthetic fiber, made of long chains of molecules called polymers, used in the manufacture of bullet-proof vests, ropes, and other forms of protective gear.
- A type of synthetic fiber that is five times stronger than steel and is used to make bullet-proof vests, helmets and other forms of protective gear.
From the name of the american chemist stephanie kwolek who first developed the material in 1965 at dupont.
- The kevlar vest saved the officer's life during the shooting.
- The helmet is made from a combination of plastic and kevlar.
- Kevlar is used in the manufacturing of body armor and other bullet-proof materials.
- Kevlar is also used to make strong and durable ropes.
- Kevlar fibers are also used in composite materials for aerospace and automotive applications.