A person who studies or collects coins, medals, and other forms of currency.
Derived from the greek word "nomisma" meaning "coin" and the suffix "-ist" indicating a person who is an expert in a particular field.
- My grandfather is a numismatist and he collects coins from all over the world.
- Numismatist are always on the lookout for rare and valuable coins.
- The numismatist at the museum helped me identify the coin I found.
- Numismatist can appraise the value of a coin based on its condition, rarity, and historical significance.
- I visited the numismatist to get my coin collection appraised.
Some random words: frankincense, acquiescence, supplication