A person who gives up easily or stops trying when things get difficult.
From old french quitier "to release, acquit", from latin quietare "to quieten, pacify".
- I"m not a quitter, I"ll see this project through to the end.
- He was labeled as a quitter by his peers after he dropped out of the marathon early.
- She"s no quitter, she"ll fight for what she believes in.
- The team was disappointed when their star player turned out to be a quitter.
- He"s not a quitter, he"s just facing some personal challenges at the moment.